Thursday 27 March 2014

Stamp Duty #3: All in the Details...

This is, probably, the third and final installment in my little Stamp Duty series about rubber stamping. In case you haven't read them, the links to the 1st and 2nd blog posts about these and to see other ideas are HERE and HERE.
The stamps really have been a majorly awesome investment when you think that, not only have they provided us with an entire wedding stationary range which can usually take up a large chunk of a wedding budget, but they have enabled me to create a solid theme throughout the wedding. This has been really important as otherwise I have a tendency to include too many creative ideas, and our wedding might have seemed a bit confused if I'd done that.
I bought these picture frames at the Aston Clinton recycling centre a little while back. Tom's Dad has helped me a bit here, and removed the glass and the back board, painted the board with blackboard paint and replaced. I thought I might chalk on it, but decided to be a bit more creative.

I could do a whole other post about how useful manilla, or luggage, tags have been as part of our decor theme. I ordered three different sizes from various eBay sellers at a reasonable price. They've manifested as place settings, present tags, cheese labels (wait and see on that one...) and more. The large tags here have simply been pritstik'd to the board and the names and other bits stuck on with glue. So simple, but I love the effect against the black in the distressed frame.
No stamps used in this board, but just so you can see what we did with the other frame :) This will let people know that, instead of a guest book, we want them to sign a patchwork square so we can make it into a quilt after the wedding. That project will certainly get a whole post dedicated to it!

What else, what else... Oh yeah - here are our gorgeous Order of Services!
Massive thank you goes to my future Mother in Law, Liz, for printing all of these. Afterwards I stamped the large peacock feather stamp in black ink to give it a personal touch but without cheapening it.
Finally, because I'll need lots of them once it's all over, thank you cards! 
I bought one last little stamp for this, but it's quite generic so I can use it over and over again to make more thank you notes and cards in future. It's two weeks tomorrow until the Big Day... still have quite a lot to organise, but most of it is under control and I'm trying to enjoy the ride!

Til' later...

BB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment